Bigfoot has been a mystery of Cryptozoology over the last century through sightings and reports in the different parts of the world. Also known as Sasquatch, Bigfoot refers to a cryptid that is believed to dwell in forests, largely in the North America’s Pacific Northwest area. It is usually a large, hairy humanoid with a height of 6.6-9.8 ft, weight of 500 pounds, legs ranging from two to six, and hair ranging in dark brown or dark red.
These ape-like creatures are known by several names such as Yeti, Almas, Orang Pendek, Yowie, Yeren, and Skunk Ape depending on geographical location. Several forms of evidence such as footprints, DNA hair samples, videos, and images have been collected over the years for proper analysis of the giant creatures. Although none of this evidence to date has been considered valid by main stream science who continues to see Bigfoot as a myth or legend and not that of a living creature.
Bigfoot Sightings and Reports
More than 33% of all Bigfoot sightings come from the Pacific Northwest, while the remaining reports are concentrated across the rest of North America. Nevertheless, some of the most notable sightings are:
- 1924: It was reported that Bigfoot in British Columbia abducted Albert Ostman. Further, Fred Beck and his four minor members were hit by many ape-men who threw rocks at their lodge in the region now known as Ape Canyon in Washington.
- 1941: Jeannie Chapman and her kids escaped their house when a 7.5 feet tall Bigfoot moved toward their residence in British Columbia’s Ruby Creek.
- 1967: This year came up with the most incredible sighting through the Patterson-Gimlin film. Roger Patterson and Robert Gimlin captured an alleged Sasquatch at Bluff Creek in California. Regarded as the greatest footage of Bigfoot, the men were researching on these giants on horseback and saw an inverted tree. After rounding it, the pair saw big figure beside the creek. This is consider by most to be the best evidence of Bigfoots existance to date.
- 1996: Robert Pridgen captured another Bigfoot video at Lembo Lake Campground in New York, during the time of a festival. While filming, one of the groups captured some strange behavior in the trees, which was only discovered after six years. In the clip, a big creature lifts up a smaller one up into the tree. (Youtube Link)
- 2005: Nathan Wiley, a student, was with a few friends in the forest of Prince Edward Island for making a video wherein a person runs from the woods. The island is a Canadian province in the Gulf of St. Lawrence. As the boy was moving in the clip, a huge apelike creature surfaced from the opposite side, who is running at a high speed. (Youtube Link)
Patterson-Gimlin Bigfoot film with ultra high background stabilization
More sightings of these creatures continue to be reported from around the world and the legend continues to grow. Will we ever have the scientific proof that is needed to once and for all prove these creature do exists , the skeptics don’t think so while believers are confident. The Search Continues !
Find the latest reports and sightings of Bigfoot at Cryptosightings HERE.